According to Google Play Store, each country's download record, Telegram is a more highly downloaded app than the Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, IMO, and other messenger apps in Ethiopia. Telegram is one of Ethiopia's preferred social media platforms; it is more popular than any other such platform.
At Chapa, transparency is essential, and you have every right to be notified about your business. Our survey shows more than 70% of business owners don't check their email but check Telegram often.
As of today, we added telegram notification without any fee and hustle. To enable Telegram notification, follow the following steps:
1. Go here and Start Chapa Notification Bot:
2. Go to your dashboard, and under the account settings tab, click "Integrate Telegram."
3. If you know your telegram user name, continue to step 4
How to Find Username
On Telegram, go to the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) and then go to Settings. The same goes on your mobile app; go to the hamburger menu, then go to Settings.
Then, select Edit profile. Click on your name in the next window you see something Username. On the mobile app, tap the three vertical dots towards the top of the Settings menu. Then, get your username.
4. Input your telegram username and click connect.
If all goes well, You will get a notification from us:
Unblock ChapaBot: This is because you stopped the Chapa Notification Bot; please restart the bot.
Check if the bot is enabled: Because you didn't enable Chapa Notification Bot, please Go here and Start Chapa Notification Bot.
Then we will send you a notification for every transaction like this:
If you don't want to receive the notification, go to your dashboard and under the account settings tab, disable "Notify me every transaction via telegram"
Chapa is offering a new feature that allows you to broadcast your events making it an easy addition to all the work that you put into hosting them. With the growing use of smartphones and advanced technology within the country, selling tickets has become easier through online payments. Guaranteed a simpler and secure method of ensuring that you bring your very own event to life with the company of your customers!
Follow the directions below to be able to use this feature:
1. If you have an account with Chapa, login to your dashboard and click the “Event” side tab; once you are led to the Events page, click on the ‘Create Event Link’
2, Once the ‘Create Event Link’ tab opens, you may input the details about your event which are
- The Event name,
- Description and Location,
- An image advertising your event,
- Type of tickets you offer with their prices,
- And contact details such as an email or a phone number
3. It will then lead you to the next series of forms including the location that additionally demonstrates a map for potential customers as well as the date and time of the event. You may also choose whether it is an online or physical event.
In terms of an online event, enter application use, link details, and the date/time.
4. Chapa offers up to five ticket-type options so your customers can buy depending on what they desire, e.g. VVIP, VIP, or regular. Enter a brief description of what these tickets hold such as any treats your customers may receive with their chosen ticket type and the cost of the ticket.
5. Once you have completed uploading your events onto Chapa, you can now proceed to share a link or QR code with buyers.
6. After sharing the link, buyers will be led to the page that allows them to choose what ticket they want and the amount they want to purchase.
7, After the purchase is complete, your customer will receive an email containing their ticket information. In this email, your customer is prompted to download their purchased ticket for the event.
8. The tickets are available in a PDF document that will display the ticket details such as venue location, number of tickets, and corresponding QR Code. You can use this document to verify the authenticity of your customers.
9. In addition to adding an event, we also provide the option of previewing, disabling, editing, sharing, and deleting a particular event. You can also see an overview of the tickets purchased by clicking the tickets option on the dropdown.
10. In the tickets section, you can view a tabular view of all the tickets that have been sold. In the header section, an overview of the number of tickets sold for each ticket type is displayed. On the table, you can view all the details of an event transaction such as Customer name, Email, Number of Tickets, Ticket Type, Amount Paid, and Transaction Reference. You also have the option to export your table in any format of your choice.
11, In the edit section, you can edit the content you have previously filled. The inputs are all pre-filled by the values that have been previously set. So, all you have to do is change the section that has a green border.
That’s it! In a few simple steps, you can create an event that you can share with your customers and receive payments for. So head on to our dashboard to create your first event and experience the beauty of our event feature.
Build, showcase and sell out your dream event on Chapa. Enjoy Events in the New Year!
Happy Ethiopian New Year! መልካም አዲስ አመት።
There are two settings for the Chapa Dashboard:
When the Dashboard is in Test mode, none of the functionalities that merchants use to do business can send or move actual money. All transactions and operations are done in ‘TEST MODE’ and DO NOT involve actual money.
Live Mode: In this mode, actual money can be accepted and transferred.
The goal of Test Mode is to establish a secure "sandbox" environment where you can test out different features without worrying that you'll unintentionally spend real money. Before promoting new features, it's a wonderful area to test out new tools and observe how user-facing features seem.
Everything real occurs in Live Mode. Payment indicates that money has moved from someone's bank account into yours when it appears on the Live Mode dashboard
Any registered businesses and organizations, including startups, e-commerce, retail companies, and a huge variety of others are qualified to take payments through Chapa.
Companies that need to register. We're unable to assist companies operating without registration paperwork.
Chapa is an INSA-certified platform. INSA is the cybersecurity agency of Ethiopia.
Chapa doesn’t save or hold any card information. Card information is directly sent to the card processors and only used during the transaction. Our systems can only request that a service provider send their card information.
An internal decision-support system created by Chapa employs adaptive rules to assess the risk of a transaction or customer. It prevents payment from going through if it fails the requisite checks. This choice is made using various data, including geography, IP addresses, past purchases and behavior, and more.
Here are the limits (in ETB) that apply to the different account types on Chapa, for verified and unverified accounts:
50,000 per transaction and 200,000 daily cumulative before approval.
500,000 per transaction and 500,000 daily cumulative upon approval.
200,000 per transaction and 1 million daily cumulative before approval.
500,000 per transaction and unlimited daily cumulative upon approval.
50,000 per transaction and 200,000 daily cumulative upon approval.
500,000 per transaction and 1 million daily cumulative upon approval.
Increasing transaction limit
Merchants can send an email to email@example.com requesting an increase of transaction limit, and should contain the following information;
The new expected limit
Provision of evidence of transaction within the last 12 months (e.g. bank statement)
Average monthly transaction volume. Attach Sample Evidence.
Merchant website(s) (if not previously provided).
Measures merchant will take to prevent fraud and chargebacks on your website?
The Percentage of payments processed in the past year has been disputed (if any).
Still No Luck ? We can help you
Create a ticket, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a Ticket