Posted on : 31 Jan, 2023 | Last Update - 1 year ago
KYC stands for “Know Your Customer,” and it’s a form that we use to verify the identity of our customers. This form collects personal information about the business owner, such as name, address, and date of birth, as well as financial information about the business. This information is then used to confirm the business owner's identity.
In this article, we'll show you how to effortlessly complete your KYC form.
To begin, let's log into our Chapa Dashboard. If you don't already have a Chapa account, start off by creating one.
Once you log in, there should be a card asking you to verify your account.
Alternatively, you could also access the form by clicking on the icon with your initials on the right-hand side. And click on compliance from the drop-down options.
You should now be on the compliance page, and it should look something like this.
Let’s now fill out the form.
1. Under Bussiness Type click on Registered.
2. Chose the industry that best matches your business from the dropdown.
3. Choose a category that best fits your business.
4. Specify the size of your staff.
5. Specify the transaction volume.
6. The legal business name should match the one on the business license.
7. Input the business's Tin number.
8. If your business is Vat registered click on the check box and input the Vat number. If not you can just skip it unchecked.
9. Input the Business’s license number. It should be on your business’s trade license.
10. Choose the type of cooperation accordingly.
11. Upload your Trade License, Tin Certificate and Memorandum of Association accordingly
12. Put the address of your business like the one on your business license.
13. Put the business contact information.
14. Upload your proof of address
15. Fill out the form for the designated contact person.
16. Finally click on the Submit button
Once you’ve submitted the form, it will redirect you to the dashboard. There will be a card letting you know that an email will be sent once the compliance officer reviews the submitted form.
You are now done with filling out your KYC form! You can now start accepting payments.
242 out of 312 Marked as Helpfull !